Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here we go....

Well here it is, the start of a brand new endeavour, a creative outlet if you will...or perhaps maybe even a sounding board at times. My very first post!

While I could comment on a variety of current events (Canada's recent success at the olympic games, earthquakes in Chile, or Haiti), I think I will start with a little of what some may call meaningless social commentary.

Yesterday, while watching Oprah, and adjusting my cynic hat, I actually heard, felt and related to many of the words that spilled from the mouth of Jessica Simpson. Although not a huge fan of J.Simp, the girl had a few very good points! As a courtesy to her new found intellect, and simply because I admired her for getting up on her soapbox...I would like to take a moment to comment on a few of the points that I TOTALLY agreed with.....

1) The media has a skewed view of 'beautiful'.
Rather than consistently celebrating the differences that make women beautiful and unique, time, energy, and the almighty buck are wasted in promoting the careers ond futures of the plastic, artificial bimbos of reality T.V. (If an example of one of these media whores is really necessary, see Heidi Montag)

2)That a size 4 is NOT fat!
Coming from one curvy girl to another, this really hit home with me. The infamous 'Mom Jeans' photo has seemed to scar Jessica Simpson, even a year later, the mention of the very unflattering photo still upset the pop star. I think that all of us have fallen victim to that unflattering photo which somehow finds its way to facebook...but to have magazines devote, weeks, and even months to your not so flattering fashion faux pas, is just ridiculous.Find something more newsworthy than destroying the self esteem of a woman coming into her own, and go with that.

On that note....... well done Jessica, and thank you for shedding a little light on what is truly beautiful!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment